10.9.09



September 25, 2009
6-9p

Justin Crosby (images above) / Martine Syms
Synopis of events, written by the artists.

MARTINE SYMS:
One day, I realized that everywhere I went, there was a TV -- the grocery store, my workout gym, the bank, my church, the airport, repair shops, doctors offices, and many rooms of my own home. My family room had even been renamed the TV room. Where could I go to escape it?

I decided to do something about it. I let myself be vulnerable to the critically-acclaimed television sit-com. I surrendered to the concept, the characters, and the storyline and opened of myself to the possibility of being taken advantage of.


JERSTIN CROSBY:
Its called "my commercial break broke". It consists of 5 short videos of tv shows that i filmed. Alt Alf, a cooking show, a commercial, the news, etc.